It is pretty sad when a fifth grade girl can find flaws in an argument that is supposed to be only fact. It was a scare tactic. Fear. It sells. An Inconvenient Truth is a scare tactic by progressives pushing for total control over everyone and everything. And a fifth grade girl, Kristin Byrnes, did just that. She found flaws and wrote a well known paper called "Ponder the Maunder." I find it amazing that we have to take an Al Gore-like class when there are flaws so obvious a fifth grader can spot them.
But on to my main point, this semester, we have been asked to "think critically" about all issues, but that is only when we are thinking critically about whether it is fire or brimstone, not whether it is either at all. And all semester, I have brought about articles discussing why the arguments presented in class aren't 100% factual, I have been turned down because I don't use "peer reviewed" sources. My problem with that is, only politically correct articles make it into the peer reviewed journals because the journals don't want to lose their mainstream status. That fact has been historical proven. Many articles aren't published in mainstream journals in Psychology when they don't fit with the current norms. Same with Biology. And I can't imagine what life would be like without some of the articles we found later, several decades after the author passed away.
I have found a national organization that will help me in my battle against this class. The National Association of Scholars is an association of scholars who know what they are talking about. http://www.nas.org/polArticles.cfm?doctype_code=Article&doc_id=997&Keyword_Desc=Sustainability I believe this article should help me make my point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment